Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Bentley

Ever since I can remember, my siblings and I were always slightly disappointed that our awesome last name didn't make us heirs to the "Bentley" cars. We all longed to own a car (a pretty awesome car-at that) that bore our name proudly. As we grew older, we all realized that this would never happen. In fact, the chances of ever being in the vicinity of one of these luxury cars was like 1 in 1 million! Our dreams kind of died...as a lot of childhood dreams do, sadly. Life went on. Then to my extreme delight, I gained a brother-in-law that just so happened to be the proud owner of said "Bentley". Of course his was not the old classic Bentley but a newer, more modern version. Let's just say, I only had one request!

I excitedly, yet respectfully, begged him to allow me to take a picture with The Bentley before he ever sold it. I was reassured that it would happen and then waited for the day. In my wildess dreams, my entire family would, too, be able to get photos next to this nostalgic car. Yeah right, like that would happen!

Well the time came...Christmas 2010...Lily and Brandon happened to be living in Arizona and I happened to be spending the holidays there with my family. Lo and behold, that car showed up in my parents driveway and magic happened. Not only did I get my picture with The Bentley but everyone in my family did too. PLUS, I got to take a drive in it while Mason drove. Oh and lets not forget that my Dad got to take The Bentley for a drive too! Wow, dreams can come true.




Thanks so much, Lily and Brandon!

2 comments:

  1. SWEET ride! Carson looks just adorable, happy and ready to drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it that is awesome, I'm jealous. I'd love to sit in a bentley care too!

    ReplyDelete