Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Getting to know you, getting to know all about you

“getting to like you, getting to hope you like me”
First of all, name that movie and you win a virtual high five.
Is that song stuck in your head now? Good.
Because we’re going to get to know each other a little better now.
Excited? you should be.
My friend Kristina nominated me to participate in a blogging chain letter of sorts. You know, those annoying things you got in Junior High that you had to copy and send out to avoid some sort of deathly consequence. The good news is, this one wont kill you. Just entertain.
Here’s the rules:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asked
3. Create 11 questions for your own nominees
4. Nominate 11 different bloggers with fewer than 200 followers (okay, what’s with the limit on followers? whatever, I’ll comply)
5. Let them know and beg them to participate (or else!)
Just using the word “nominees” makes this sound so official. And it is. If I nominate you, feel lucky, and important!

11 Random Facts about me
1. I am very indecisive yet easily disappointed. I usually don't have a strong opinion about something until after the decision has been made and I don't like it. And at that point I realize/discover what I really wanted. Lame, I know.
2. I love and am slightly addicted to BIG rings. All sorts too. Unique, beautiful, fun, funky, and antique. Love it all.
3. I could happily stay in my pajamas all day. I love to be comfortable and that means 'jamies. We're talking a t-shirt and yoga pants not the flannel button up people!
4. I love getting massaged! My feet, back, hands, head, arms, legs, neck, ear lopes, and yes butt! I love it all!
5. I love baking. Anything and everything. The bad part is now I don't really have anyone who I am comfortable sharing my treats with so I don't eat them all. One reason to miss good 'ol Garden Grove.
6. I get great satisfaction from making people cry...in a good way! For example, if I write a birthday card and the reader becomes emotional from reading it....then I've done my job and it feels SO GOOD! Weird, maybe.
7. I love playing games. If I could have a game night with friends/family every weekend I would be in heaven.
8. I can easily lose myself in a good book.
9. Giving talks or lessons any where really gets me stressed. I get really anxious about it and never feel like I have done an adequate job.
10. I have very strong hands...for a girl!
11. In total, I have 44 aunts and uncles and over 140 first cousins (needless to say, I don't know all of their names anymore...sad)

My answers to Kristina's 11 Questions

1. If there was a fire in your house and you could only grab 3 things (not including children) what would you grab? Our important documents (birth certificates, SSN, etc), our photo albums, and my Kitchen Aid Mixer! :)
2. Which TV show would you pick to live inside for a week? This is a hard question. Psych, I guess. It is hilarious yet suspenseful.
3. If you HAD to perform in a talent show, what would you do for your act?  I actually did HAVE to perform in a talent show and I probably couldn't have picked a better act. A small group of young women and leaders performed Somewhere over the Rainbow by blowing air into bottles filled with varying amounts of water. On paper, this should have worked beautifully. That all those participating would have this skill (and it is VERY MUCH A SKILL) in the bag. Not so. Even after many hours of practicing...I could not blow into those stinkin' bottles and get any audible note to sound. How can such a simple task be so challenging. Anyways, because of my failure to produce any sort of a musical note, I resolved to make my weakness a strength. Thus I turned a musical talent into a comedy routine. I made sure that I dramatically and enthusically blew into those bottles. Needless to say, we had the best act of the night. Bottom line: I would do what it took to make people laugh!

4. What is the last thing you ate? Air popped popcorn! Delish.
5. What is your proudest accomplishment? This is sad. I had to really dig deep. These are so lame, that I have to put two together to make it sound better. Graduating from BYU and becoming a runner!
6. What is the best advice you’ve ever been given? Well, it isn't really advice but more a lesson learned from hard experiences. That is to not take for granted the people in your life and the moments you have with them. Love them well every single day.
7. What skill would you like to have someday? Playing the piano.
8. If you had an entire day to yourself (and unlimited $) what would you do? I would probably spend it getting pampered. We're talking hours of massage, a pedicure, a manicure, hair done, facial, etc. The whole nine yards!
9. Who is one of your heroes and why do they inspire you? My sister. She is the most Christ like person that I know. She always does what is right. She is strong, compassionate, faithful, funny, loveable, and willing to give everything for others!
10. What is your favorite time of day, are you a morning or a night person? Night. I love the evenings after bedtime! Obviously...who wouldn't?
11. What type of music is your favorite? song? You can't bet the Oldies! But let's face I like most music. My favorite right now is a song called Carry On by Fun. YouTube it...it's good!

11 Questions for my Nominees

1. What is your favorite pig out food of all time?

2. What TV show is your guilty pleasure? You know the show you watch when the kids are in bed and your husband is gone.

3. What is your favorite date with your husband?

4. What are you afraid of?

5. Realistically, how much time do you spend on Facebook or Pinterest?

6. If you could drive any car what would it be? Why?

7. What sits on your nightstand or beside your bed?

8. What is your most favorite dinner of all time?

9. What is your most favorite accessory?

10. What makes you mad/frustrated with regards to your husband or kids?

11. What was the best gift you ever received?

MY NOMINEES:
 Tag back on Kristina Skinner
Angela Bentley
Amber Higginson
Avalon Marsh
Rachael Bleazard
Rachel Johnson
Erin Glabe
Katie Bolick
Jen Reed
Jen Farr
Brianne Pitt
*Mandy Loertscher (you can just email me your answers since you don't have a blog)
*I am sure most of you have already done this..but seriously you are the only friends that I have that blog. Have pity on me and help me out here.

4 comments:

  1. Reading this made me miss you even more... and your delicious desserts! Really, I could almost cry (I bet that would make you happy :-)
    I would love to see your bottle-blowing act, and try some of your air popped corn. Oh, and becoming a runner is a HUGE accomplishment! You inspire everyone. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun getting to know you better...sounds like we have a few things in common. :-) #4,5 and 8 for sure, on the random Q's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun to read about you! Thanks for sharing and keeping up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously did not know ... most of that about you. And now that I do, I like you even more. And feel that we have a lot more in common that I realized. And air popped popcorn? I eat it EVERY. DAY. crazy.

    ReplyDelete