Since I can remember, my parents have been taking me and my siblings on DAKs or MAKs. You probably are wondering what a DAK or a MAK is. Well, let me tell you. While growing up in a house hold of seven children, my parents felt it was very important to make sure each of their children had some one on one time with them. This time would not only by good in building relationships with our parents but it was also a way to keep "tabs" on each of us spiritually, academically, physically, etc. My parents decided that they couldn't afford expensive outings with each of us and so the DAKs and MAKs were anywhere from $5 to $10 and it usually involved some delicious treat or snack. However, my parents made it clear that we (the kids) got to determine how the time and money was spent. Thus, DAK stands for Dad and Kid and MAK would mean Mom and Kid. Even when I was little, I can remember these times being very special and I looked forward to my DAKs/MAKs weeks in advance. Many good, heartfelt conversations came out of these "dates" and I will always be grateful to my parents for taking the time to grow closer to me and for their diligence in teaching righteous principles through their example and constant guidance.
Well, to get back on track...these pictures document Carson's first DAK. I might add that Carson had been looking forward to this DAK for several days and shook with anticipation when they were finally on their way. His DAK consisted of a brand new Matchbox Monster Truck and his very own box of delicious animal crackers. He had a blast...they both did!
No comments:
Post a Comment